Thursday, December 29, 2011

Socialization


We like to expose Roxy to new and different people and situations. Although she is a bit fearful and timid, we continue to socialize her whenever possible.

One of my favorite (and Roxy's) things to do together is go to the bank. Roxy is allowed into our bank when I go to deposit checks and pay bills. She has a positive association with going there and with the people inside because she gets treats! when I'm talking to the teller, if she sits quietly next to me without pulling, she gets a biscuit. I like bringing her because she gets a ton of attention and I get a lot of compliments on how beautiful and well behaved she is. This is great PR for a very misunderstood breed.

I like these treats for adventures. They are for small dogs but Roxy has a sensitive tummy, so less is better. They are healthy/natural and good incentive for positive behavior!