Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Roxy


This is Roxy, my American Staffordshire Terrier pup.

I have always been a dog lover. I grew up with dogs that came in and out of the house as they pleased. They were cared for by my mother who seemed to do so effortlessly. In a newly responsible point in my life, I thought I would enjoy the challenge of raising a puppy for myself. How hard could it be?

Thomas, my boyfriend with whom I own a home, told me "imagine having another dog, and a puppy none-the-less. It will be twice the work we do right now and then some. Raising a puppy is not always fun and it's really hard. I need another dog like I need a hole in my head. Our nice new home will be torn apart!"

What can I say? I'm impulsive, stubborn, and incredibly persuasive! Ha! I was victorious! It seemed as if Thomas had given in to the idea of a puppy. BUT, I was forewarned-- "This puppy is going to be your responsibility, entirely, and it's going to be really difficult".
"I KNOW, THOMAS". I didn't actually know.

On April 13th, 2011, my life dramatically changed.